Friday 1 October 2010

""""Fiestas Patrias"""" 2.0




Every September is a special moment, with family, friends, companions or just Chilean people. The country is paralyzed; the news speaks about "fondas", typical Chilean food, military parade, holidays and much more. There isn´t home that don´t celebrate this unique date.

For my, the party or our Anniversary covers all the month and not just the 18 and 19 days. September is the fatherland´s birthday, reason that it feel me really Chilean and this I express doing typical activities like playing "trompo", raising kite; eating Chilean food, listening Chilean folklore and remembering our history.

I've always passed this time with my family, either by the side of my father or my mother's or both. An unforgettable 18 was 5 years ago in Pemuco, locality in the countryside where the family focus of my father. Here live cousins, aunts, uncles and a lot of friends, all them enjoyer of the good life.

The days began with a full breakfast to then do a ride on the fields and rivers. At the 13:00 o´clock we had lunch, of course this consisted of a beef, chicken, lamb barbecue and cold beer or a good Chilean wine. After that, somebody slept but the kids like me, played or did antics. The best had place on the night, we attended to the "fondas" for eat and especially dance our traditional dance called "cueca". I danced so good with my cousin Fer, only ended us when we could no more. Look "Huasos" dancing was the most amazing, they had all the talent and the personality for do anything, they invent steps.

The night had own life and the people seemed to want to run, dance, drink and scream forever. It was during three days. A completely crazy.

Still, I remember these moments. Maybe I can relive them again but I hope and I prepare to always have a better 18. Today, the "fiestas patrias" are more expensive and a little boring but it has good moments, soooooo goods. If I had to choose, I would be with my children 18 but now rescuing situations.

I love my country, my flag and my people.

2 comments:

  1. me too love my country, but I love more my continent "Latinoamerica" =)

    regards for you Nicoo ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. bad look is of happy birthday in fiestas patrias

    ReplyDelete